MOULTRIE — At the end of the first quarter, the score is 7-3 against the Lowndes County Vikings after a big play by the Packers. O'Shay Wiliams makes a 60-yard return on a blocked field goal attempt by the Vikings.
- Local News
Peggy Strickland’s kindergarten class at R.B. Wright Elementary School made informational writing come alive by hatching quail eggs with an incubator. They observed and wrote about the entire process.
- Local Sports
Rec tournament championship games set for Thursday
Ameris dealt Davis Insurance its first loss of the season on Tuesday and will advance to the Farm League tournament championship game.
- Colquitt County soccer banquet
- 11 Colquitt County players named All-Region in soccer
- YMCA flag football champions
- Bull Durham takes second in Junior league
- Rec tournament championship games set for Thursday
- Mailbox Post
- Around the Region
Thomasville mental hospital to close
One of Thomas County largest employers — at more than 700 — and a longtime regional state mental hospital will close Dec. 31.
- More than 700 jobs to be eliminated when hospital closes
- Moultrie woman named Tift County Teacher of the Year
- 1921 murder brings Texas woman to Pavo
- Brooks County seeks vendors for Skillet Festival
- Thomasville mental hospital to close
- Christmas 2012
- Veterans Project
Video project focuses on the homefront
“Where were you on Sept. 11, 2001?” is a phrase that brings an immediate reaction in people and they can tell you right where they were. But before that, another phrase brought a similar reaction — “Where were you on Dec. 7, 1941?” — the day the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.
- World War II battle changed Ubertacci's life
- Moultrie volunteer tapped for DAR's top award
- Video project focuses on the homefront