The Moultrie Observer
Two people who shot a Second Avenue Northwest man’s dogs with a BB gun fled when the man confronted them. Police were unable to locate the shooters during a search.
Thomas Kinsey, 1000 block of Second Avenue Northwest, told police that while he was sitting outside in his truck at 4:25 p.m. he saw two males in black shorts and black hoodies fire a BB gun at his dogs.
Several officers patrolled the area searching but were unable to find them.
The dogs were in good condition, Kinsey told police.
• Aubrey Sean Thompson, 46, 205 Seventh St. N.W., was charged Wednesday with simple battery.
He was arrested after Eric Thompson, his son, reported that he hit him in the face during a dispute at a store in the 600 block of West Central Avenue.
Eric Thompson had swelling to his right cheek, police said.
Aubrey Thompson told police that he struck his son with an open hand because he felt he had disrespected him.
• Kevin Calloway, 28, 1411 Lake Drive, Tifton, was charged Wednesday with no driver’s license and seat belt violation.
• Joshua Ryan Martin, 18, and Dylan Reed Seth Tillery, 20, both of 114 Spring Church Road, Ellenton, were each charged Wednesday with theft by shoplifting.
The two men were arrested at Save-A-Lot grocery, 207 Sixth St. S.E., after employees reported they picked up two cans of sausages but only paid for two of them.
The stolen merchandise was valued at less than $1.
• Elma Irene Oates, 37, 636 E.W. Booth Road, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Tanisha Lakia Jones, 36, 33 Elsom St., Albany, was charged Wednesday with probation violation.
• Bobbie Roberts, 300 block Third Street Southeast, reported Wednesday the theft of a license plate off a 1999 Buick LeSabre.
• Ollie Hortman, 2000 block Bay Rockyford, Hartsfield, reported Wednesday the theft of four feed troughs valued at $1,600 from a pasture at the intersection of Peters Road and Smith Road.
• Stacy Williams, 5000 block Cool Springs Road, Norman Park, reported Wednesday of tools, compact discs and a purse from a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado and 2009 Ford F-250.
• Estevan Perez, 6600 block U.S. Highway 319 North, Omega, reported Wednesday the theft of a Jimenez Arms 9 mm pistol and Marlin 30/30-caliber rifle with scope.
• Valley Wright, Norman Park, reported Thursday that a 1999 Honda Accord parked in the 200 block of 21st Avenue Northeast was damaged overnight.
The car had dents in both rear quarter panels and above the wheel wells and interior damage to the upholstery, with both seats “torn to shreds,” police said. The CD player also was stolen.
• An officer answering a burglar alarm at 1:44 a.m. at Prepaid Zone, 311 Sixth St. S.W., found the front door glass had been broken by a large piece of concrete.